Tuesday 22 July 2014

Carluccio's Tuna Linguine



This is reasonably similar to some other tuna pasta recipes I cook but the addition of the ginger in the sauce really intrigued me so I decided to give it a go anyway. I was glad I did as it is really good on top of being simple and pretty much a store cupboard standby.

It is an Antonio Carluccio recipe: he of the eponymous Carluccio’s and generally quite fascinating life - see here.

In following the recipe I was going to use olive oil - as evidenced by the ingredients list below - but as my tuna was packed in olive oil & I had to drain that anyway I chose to use that. It is up to you how you go ahead but I think that actually makes more sense.


Tuna Linguine
serves 2


2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1½ tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
½ small red chilli, finely chopped
½ cm fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
225ml passata
200g good quality tuna in oil, drained and roughly chopped
sea salt
200g dried linguine
freshly ground black pepper


Heat the oil over a medium-low heat and gently fry the garlic, chilli, ginger and one tablespoon of the parsley, for a few minutes until the garlic is softened but not coloured.


Add the tomatoes and continue to cook for another few minutes. Stir in the tuna and salt to taste.


Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package instructions (be careful with this as the original recipe actually stated 8-10 minutes but my linguine packet said 3!) or until al dente, and drain.

Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve immediately sprinkled with the remaining parsley and freshly ground black pepper.




No comments:

Post a Comment